Monday, September 26, 2011

Attitude


Do you find it strange how people with the worst of luck tend to have the best attitude?

A little girl out there is probably sitting on a hospital bed going through chemo, and she probably has a better attitude towards life than you and I. We might say, "Why do i have to do chores while my friends get to go outside and play. Uggh! My life sucks!" It's more than likely that you do not think about the people who have it worse than you. Do you stop to say "Well at least I have running water and a roof over my head"? I highly doubt it.

I really think that people should look at the positive before they decide that their life is "terrible" or that it "sucks". For example, if you get invited to a sleepover at a friend's house, but your parents say you have to babysit your little cousin, look at it this way; "At least I have a family and I can hang out with my friends tomorrow." NOT; "Come on! Why do I have to take care of my stupid little cousin? ALL my friends are going to be at the sleepover!"

So next time you're having a bad day, or something's not going quite right, make sure you have a positive attitude about it. No one wants to hear any complaining about something that's not HALF as bad as you think it is.

3 comments:

  1. Callie,
    I'm glad that you choose to write about this, because you're right most people do have a negative outlook on life. The one thing you may want to try is putting in an author's note to tell people what your purpose in writing this piece was.
    Cassidy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. And yes, I'm working on my authors note more now. Before I just didn't know what it was for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right Callie, people do usually look at things on the negative side when something goes wrong. We should be thankful for everything we get and not get mad about things we don't get. I like how you gave examples, and the picture is so cute. Good job!

    ReplyDelete